The following services cater for students travelling to and from St George:
The college operates four dedicated private bus services that provide a return journey, for which a fee is payable. Priority is given to younger students and distance.
1. The 301 from Lordswood stopping at Millbrook, Regents Park, Shirley, Winchester Road and The Avenue.
2. The 302 from Woolston stopping at Sholing, Thornhill, Bitterne, Bullar Rd, Northam, and Stag Gates.
3. The 303 from Whiteley stopping at Titchfield, Locks Heath, Warsash, Lowford and Bursledon.
4. The 304 from Peartree stopping at Woolston Link, Chapel (St Mary’s), Central Station, Lower Shirley (Foyes Corner), St James Road and Winchester Road.
• Minibus “A” collects and returns students from North Baddesley, Chandlers Ford, St Swithun Wells and Chestnut Ave Eastleigh (fees apply).
• Minibus “B” collects and returns students from Hamble (Social Club), Ingleside- Old Netley, Thornhill Park Rd and Townhill Way (fees apply).
• Minibus “C” collects and returns students from Bishops Waltham, Fair Oak, Bishopstoke and Eastleigh (fees apply).
• Minibus “D” collects and returns students from Bitterne Triangle, Mousehole Lane, Townhill Way (fees apply).
Public Bus Services
The Bluestar no: 18 from Millbrook to the City Centre then change to the Bluestar no: 2 to Bassett Green Road stop (2mins walk from the college).
The Bluestar no: 8 & 9 from Fawley and Langley to the City Centre then change to the Bluestar no: 2 to Bassett Green Road stop (2 mins walk from the college).
The First Bus no: 3 from Hedge End/West End to the City Centre then connect to the Bluestar 2 or Firstbus U6H to Burgess Road stop at McDonalds (2 mins walk from the college).
From Fair Oak and Eastleigh the Bluestar no: 2 has a return service stopping at the Bassett Green Road stop (2 mins walk from the college).
Students from the Whiteley and Fareham area travel to Eastleigh Parkway station then change trains to Swaythling station (5 mins walk from college).
Students in Chandlers Ford travel direct to and from Swaythling station.
A direct service is also available from Winchester to Swaythling (please refer to rail company timetables).
Hampshire and Southampton Assisted Travel
Assisted travel is no longer available for Catholic students on denominational grounds, except where a child is in receipt of free school meals or means-tested applies.
The college holds no responsibility for any alterations or changes to the above transport timetables which are not contracted by the college.