Our students have always worn a smart uniform. We believe uniform is vital to students identifying themselves as a part of our community. We offer a winter and a summer option, although it is not necessary for parents to buy both. All students should only wear winter uniform during the autumn and spring terms. During the summer term, students can remain in winter uniform or wear the summer uniform instead.
|Optional Items for summer or winter uniform
Black v-neck jumper with college logo
Black v-neck cardigan with college logo
Winter uniform and summer uniform are not to be mixed.
The uniform must be worn smartly, with shirts tucked in and ties done up properly. All shoes/trainers must be black with no patterns or colorings. No hooded sweaters are allowed and outdoor clothing should be removed once inside the classroom.Winter uniform and summer uniform are not to be mixed .
Indoor or Summer PE:
- White top, any plain white t-shirt or plain white polo top, (there is also a St George logo PE polo shirt available from SkoolKit) red shorts, white socks, trainers (non-marking soles).
- Red long-sleeved rugby top, red shorts, red socks, football boots/trainers, gum shield / shin pads
- St George dance leggings can be worn in only Year 10 and 11 girls PE. These must be purchased from SkoolKit.
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms are also acceptable along with St George logo tracksuit bottoms, which are available from SkoolKit.
- Rugby top fleece is available from SchoolKit. During the winter months, the St George school jumper can be used as an over layer (no coats). Thermals are also encouraged during the winter months under the rugby top (ensuring they cannot be seen).
All items should be clearly labelled.
Recommended additional items: college fleece top, deodorant and a towel.
Jewellery, Makeup, and Hairstyles
- Jewellery in any piercing is not permitted, with the exception of a pair of stud earrings in each ear. Nose studs are not permitted. Students will be asked to remove them.
- Makeup is not allowed in Year 7, 8 or 9, although in Year 10 and 11 it can be worn if discreet.
- Eyelash extensions are not permitted.
- Only clear nail varnish is allowed (false nails, gel manicures and nail art are not permitted).
- Hairstyles must not be below a grade 1, and any extreme styles, fashion statements and unnatural hair colourants that the college deems to be unreasonable, along with hair adornments are not permitted.
- No jewellery is allowed, however reasonable adjustments for religious or cultural reasons will be accepted.
- In cases of dispute, the leadership team’s decision is final.
All items of uniform can be purchased from our suppliers:
Skoolkit, 31, Leigh Road, Eastleigh, SO50 9FF tel: 02380 629095
My Clothing - www.facebook.com/MyClothingLtd/
We now have a range of second-hand uniform for sale with all the proceeds going to our school charities. We are very pleased to offer this to our students and encourage the recycling of uniform.
If you have any spare items, or those that you no longer want, please send them in laundered and we will sell them on.
If you would like information on specific sizes and items in stock, please contact Mrs Nicola Peake on 02380 322603.
Blazers - £5
School logo badges £5
Rugby shirts - £3
Shirts, PE tops, polo shirts, jumpers, trousers, skirts - £2 each
College tie - £1
Parents, please call to arrange a date and time to come into school regarding the uniform. Monday to Friday 9:30 to 11:30am only.