We are currently looking to recruit a Database and SiMS Manager.
Hours: 37 per week, term time only
Responsible to: Member of SLT
Start Date: As soon as possible
- To be responsible for the overall management of the SIMS systems within the college. Excellent knowledge of SiMS package is essential.
- To provide up to date data about pupil progress and attainment; to inform teaching staff and managers about the progress of pupils within the college.
- To maintain the accuracy of records and provide an efficient and effective service to the staff of the college including the census.
- To enter all pupil details into the SiMS database and review the accuracy of the data regularly throughout the college year.
- To complete government statistical returns, working with SLT, i.e. Plasc, Catholic Census, Workforce Census.
- Process timetable changes for students as necessary throughout the academic year, produce set lists for staff.
- Responsible for uploading/downloading CTFs (from SIMS) for pupils who are joining/leaving college.
- Start/end of year procedure including set lists.
- Provide necessary training/inset for all users of SiMS net.
- To enter cover requirements onto SiMS once approved by SLT.
- To re-organise cover requests if and when necessary during the school day.
- To liaise with outside agencies when the college needs to book external staff for cover.
- To enter room and timetable changes on NOVA T6.
- Record and monitor staff absence.
- Manage return to work process including return to work form.
- Record and monitor holiday entitlements for full time support staff.
- Record attendance at staff twilight training sessions.
- Assist the Headteacher’s PA with the recruitment process for all staff.
Managing other packages
- To provide administrative support to the Data Manager which will incorporate
- Managing templates and mark sheets in SiMS to collect the data.
- To provide admin support for mentoring days and parental appointments.
- To provide admin support for the options process.
- To update attendance tracker weekly.
- To provide admin support for Accelerated Reader.
- To complete Government statistical returns, working with SLT.
- In the absence of the attendance officer, to ensure pupil attendance is entered AM and PM.
- Take staff briefing minutes.
- Reception cover as required.
- Support the aims, values, mission and ethos of the school and participate in a team approach to all aspects of school life.
- Attend and contribute to staff meetings and INSET days as required and identify areas of personal practice and experience to develop.
- Take appropriate responsibility for safeguarding and children’s welfare and be aware of confidential issues linked to home/child/teacher/school and keep confidences appropriately.
- Be aware of Health & Safety issues and act in accordance with the school’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Any other duties which fall reasonable within the purview of the post, which may be allocated by the Headteacher after consultation with the post holder.
To apply for this position please fill out the relevant application forms and return to Mrs Jeanine Bonavia, PA to the Headteacher (email@example.com), by the deadline below. If you have any questions or require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us through Mrs Jeanine Bonavia.
St George Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Thursday 6th February 2020
Interviews: to be confirmed