Learning Support Assistant
We are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to support pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs at KS3/KS4, starting in September.
- Closing Date: 8th July 2019
- Job Start Date: 2nd September 2019
- Location: Southampton
- Contract/Hours: Part time, term time, 26 – 32.5 hours over 4 - 5 days per week
- Salary Type: Support Staff, Grade 6, £21,769 - £23,836 FTE
St George Catholic College is an oversubscribed and growing college, both in terms of the number of students on roll and in terms of the ability of the students who are joining us. The college has a proven track record of success and is rated by Ofsted as good with outstanding features. This is a very exciting time for the college as we are on an upward trajectory and aiming for a judgement of ‘Outstanding’.
We have a vacancy in our SEN department to support pupils with a range of Special Educational Needs at KS3/KS4 in a mainstream context. The post holder will work with students who have learning, social and physical difficulties and support them across the curriculum.
The ideal candidates should demonstrate enthusiasm, resilience, initiative, good time management, patience and a passion for working with and assisting young people to learn.
Applicants must have proven literacy and numeracy skills, equivalent to GCSE grade C and above and good written communicational skills. Experience of working in a school setting with students in KS3 and above would be advantageous, as would having a particular strength in Maths or English. This would be an ideal role for a person with a passion for supporting children.
- Be sympathetic towards the Catholic ethos of the college
- Have the energy, commitment and vision to make a real difference
- Have a clear, strong vision for education within a community
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to inspire, motivate and be able to develop the potential of students
- Have a good understanding of best practice in learning and teaching which can be communicated to others
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- An opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
- A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please see the vacancies section of our website at www.stgcc.co.uk or contact Jeanine Bonavia via email at email@example.com Visits to the college are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Jeanine Bonavia. Interviews will take place on the 11th of July 2019.
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th July 2019