- • Closing Date: 4th October 2021
- • Job Start Date: 1st November 2021
- • Location: Southampton
- • Contract/Hours: Part time, term time
- • Hours: full time or part time, 5 days per week
- • Salary Type: Support Staff £22,368 - £24,491 FTE
St George Catholic College is an oversubscribed and growing college, both in terms of the number of students on roll and in terms of the ability of the students who are joining us. We put our pupils at the forefront of all we do and need someone who shares our passion. We enable all children to make the best progress they can through our creative curriculum, we aim to prepare pupils to move confidently and happily, through each stage of their education enabling them to become lifelong learners.
We have a vacancy in our Inclusion department to support pupils with a range of cognitive, social and emotional difficulties. The post holder will work with students across a spectrum of needs, supporting inside the mainstream classroom and leading smaller groups/individuals away from the confines of the traditional environment, creatively utilising the wider school grounds.
Applicants must have proven literacy and numeracy skills, equivalent to GCSE grade C and above and good written communicational skills. An energetic and dynamic individual with the confidence to plan and implement active multisensory learning opportunities would also be desirable.
- • Be sympathetic towards the Catholic ethos of the college
- • Be assertive, yet patient and passionate when working and assisting your people with their learning
- • Have the energy, commitment and vision to make a real difference
- • Have a clear, strong vision for education within a community
- • Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- • Have the ability to inspire, motivate and be able to develop the potential of students
- • Be resilient, have good time management and work with initiative.
- • Be analytical and self-reflecting in your approach to supporting and leading students
- • A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
- • An opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
- • A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
- • A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please see the vacancies section of our website at www.stgcc.co.uk or contact Mrs J Bonavia via email at email@example.com Visits to the college are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs J Bonavia.
St George Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing date for applications
2.30pm on Monday 4th October 2021
Please complete the relevant application forms in the menu opposite